Thursday, October 21, 2010

You are logged into a Temporary Profile

Shortly my new syspreppted virtual machine say’s “You are logged into a temporary profile.” WFT?

After a short search with my search engine of choice I found a solution for this on the Windows 7 IT Pro Forums. Detailed information about user profiles can be found on About User Profiles.

So this has been caused because I used this machine with the same domain account before I had sysprepped it.

In short:
Search user profile at
C:\Users\%username%
and delete it.
Open the registry editor and search for the profile with the corresponding SID at registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
and delete it.

Restart and try to log on. Problem should be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment